Monday 27 February 2012

Why do I travel..."A long time ago in a galaxy far far away..."

I was born in quaint little picturesque town called ChisleStone (Batu Pahat), a town famous for its savoury rice dish (Nasi Beryani laa).
I believe I was meant to travel because ever since I was born, whenever I was a wee bit naughty, my family (including my extended family) would tell the same story that I was born ‘on the move’ more precisely in a trishaw on the way to the hospital in early hours of the morning and was accidentally switched with their real baby….  

Obviously people back then knew didly squat about child psychology…its either that very endearing story or I was found by the trash-bin at the local wet market, they took pity on me, brought me home...and THIS is how I repay them??!!!...naughty boy!!


 Didn't have this then 



 You know, when we found you..you were all dirty and..


 That's not me then...that's me NOW!!





….so, if you find my writing have elements of rubbish, then just take it that it’s the influence from that period of my childhood. Of course its all untrue, my mischievous and somewhat evil behaviour are actually the product of their own genes and DNA. Most people have this, its when there is a refusal or unwillingness to accept something or to accept reality, commonly known as In Denial.

 I bet my elder sister had the same thought too!! hahahaa


That subconscious notion made me want to run away from home to look for my long lost trishaw peddler 'dad' who I imagined must have over the years developed his trishaw business into a huge conglomerate called TATA (You gotta give me credit for my imagination laa), but whenever I do, I would find myself crawling back for my mum’s home cooked meals. These short ‘runaway’ experiences that usually lasts around 6 hours have developed into what we call the ‘Inclination to Travel Phenomenon’.
Could it be? naaaahhhhh


Ok back on track....next post....the travels

1 comment: